Please take a look at My Resume for a review of my qualifications.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Experience designing logos, layouts for advertising, and basic word press websites.
- Basic knowledge of most commonly used computer design applications on Mac and PC platforms.
- Strong artistic skills. Educated in design and general arts.
- Developed various print and web designs for college coursework and freelance clients such as logos, brochures, business cards, stationary, newsletters, magazine ads, posters, and package design.
- Skilled in Illustration.
- Able to communicate well with others and meet deadlines. Excellent team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Adobe Creative Suite: Quark Xpress, Photoshop, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, and Flash
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Mapics AS400, Browser, Plex, and Lotus Notes
- Basic Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Word Press
- Wisconsin Maritime Museum; Manitowoc, WI
- Manitowoc County Chamber, Safety Council; Manitowoc, WI
- Manitowoc Local 301 Union; Manitowoc, WI
- Friends of Kohler-Andrae State Park; Kohler, WI
- Guys and Gals Hair Studio; Manitowoc, WI
- The Fitness Store; Manitowoc, WI
- RCK Signs & Graphics; Manitowoc, WI
- Scott’s Custom Body & Collision; Manitowoc, WI
- HFM Family Health Shoppe; Manitowoc, WI
- Four Paws Pet Care; Manitowoc,WI
- Lakeshore Technical College, Cleveland, WI
Graduated May 2012, Associates Degree in Graphic and Web Design, 3.958 GPA.
Member of the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society and United Web and Marketing Club. I have gained knowledge in Marketing Concepts, Design Concepts, Dreamweaver, HTML, CSS, Photoshop, Illustrator, QuarkXpress, InDesign, Adobe Flash, and interned at Color Craft Graphic Arts in the Pre Press department.
- Graphic Designer, Towsleys, Manitowoc, WI, December 2013 to present;
Towsleys is a recognized leader in promotional marketing, brand development, and brand management. They are currently ranked in the top 5% of the nation by PPAI (Promotional Products Association International). Specializing in: Promotional Products, Marketing, Brand Management, Graphic Design, E-Commerce, Embroidery, Program Development, Shipping & Warehousing
- Cashier(PT) Festival Foods, Manitowoc, WI, October 2013 to May 2014;
At Festival I was part of a team that dedicates themselves to providing friendly customer service, quality products, and a clean environment.
- Cashier(PT) Kohl’s Department Store, Manitowoc, WI, June 2013 to Dec 2013;
At Kohl’s I worked as a part-time cashier as well as out on the sales floor. I helped maintain the appearance of the clothing departments and provided friendly customer service. Both of these positions require a great deal of organizational skills as well as interpersonal skills. I have gained sales experience through this position by selling credit on a daily basis. I’ve also worked with customers to find the best purchase for their occasion or needs ensuring they leave happy and satisfied. Working at Kohl’s has given me the opportunity to see graphic design through a retailers eyes. It has also taken my customer service skills to the next level.
- Graphic Designer/Pre-Press Specialist, Color Craft Graphic Arts, Manitowoc, WI, June 2012 to June 2013;
As a pre-press specialist/graphic designer at Color Craft Graphic Arts I ensured that all documents, graphics and other files needed for the execution of a project were prepared. I would position and alter existing designs, using computers, to make up and arrange pages so that printed materials can be produced. I was responsible for examining photographic images as well as copy for imperfections prior to plate making. I also operated and maintained laser plate-making equipment that converts electronic data to plates. I also designed graphics for packaging, newsletters, business cards and more. Use of the Adobe Creative suite is a must in this position. Illustrator, Quark, and InDesign are three of the primary programs used.
- Internship, Color Craft Graphic Arts, Manitowoc, WI, Jan 2012 to Feb 2012;
Gained Pre-Press experience getting files ready to plate using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and QuarkXPress on a Macintosh platform. Knowledge of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar are important aspects of this position. . Use of the Adobe Creative suite is a must in this position. Illustrator, Quark, and InDesign are three of the primary programs used.
- Inventory Tech, Jagemann Stamping, Manitowoc, WI,Oct 1999 to Mar 2010; Developed spreadsheets and forms for use in department. Job related activities included inventory and quality control, internal customer service and relations, time management, light secretarial, project management, and organizational skills. My responsibilities at Jagemann included but were not limited to; inventory management responsibilities such as out of stock procedures, procurement process, maintaining of accurate tooling, charting progress within the department, developing and implementing ideas to improve quality and efficiency of our department and the company as a whole. I also developed spreadsheets and forms for use in department. Internal customer service, and light secretarial work such as answering phones and typing memos. I worked in a team environment and provided progress reports of all individual and team activity. I controlled inventory and tracked purchasing records with the use of the Mapics System. I have 3yrs of light experience in the procurement process at Jagemann. This involved recognizing out of stock levels, gathering quotes from outside suppliers for the best quality and price, placing orders, tracking orders, shipping status, and verifying invoices, as well as receiving items into inventory through receipt of purchase transactions.